There are lots of men and women out there who perceived reflexology as one kind of foot massage. For those who are interested to learn more about reflexology and its benefits, then be sure to continue reading this article. After reading this article, it will definitely change your mind about reflexology.
Meaning of Reflexology
Actually, reflexology is the term used to describe one type of massage that involves the gentle and slow manipulation of our body’s pressure points to remove blockage from the pathways so that the energy can flow in. The said energy is responsible for enlivening our bodies as well as helping it in healing itself. Massage therapist will apply gentle pressure in certain pressure pointers on our hands or our feet not just to activate our bodies’ ability in healing itself but also to achieve deep relaxation and return its state-of-balance. Basically, this is called zone therapy.
This particular form of massage came from China and the Chinese people used it not only in treating pain but also in relieving stress. They used this method in leading balanced and healthy lives. Due to the popularity and effectiveness of reflexology, it is not surprising for it to become very famous around the world. These days, it is already possible to get reflexology services from big and small massage parlors and health spas everywhere.
The Benefits Offered by Reflexology
Given the non-invasive methods used in reflexology, anyone can undergo this form of therapy, regardless of their gender, age and health conditions. Research reveals that many individuals out there make use of reflexology to treat pain as well as arthritic problems. It is also tried and tested to be effective when it comes to treating diverse psychological and physical problems. The other benefits of reflexology are as follows:
1. It is effective in alleviating pain.
2. It relaxes our bodies.
3. This is proven to be effective in enhancing blood circulation and flow.
4. It is also effective in regulating our body’s cholesterol level.
5. There are also those who use reflexology to regulate the pressure of blood in their bodies.
6. It is also proven to be effective in stimulating the functions of the nerves inside our bodies.
7. Reflexology is also used in improving the immune system of our bodies.
7. Reflexology is also utilized as a complement in cancer care and treatment to ease the cancer patients’ vomiting, pain, anxiety and nausea.
8. Numerous reports also show that doctors use it in easing pregnant women through delivery as well as post partum effects after they give birth.
9. There are also those who undergo reflexology to treat various ailments like thyroid disorders, kidney problems, allergies, skin diseases, asthma, insomnia and many more.